Thought of the Day: “What’s more important? What we become, or how we become it?” – One Tree Hill
Daily Challenge: When things don’t go your way, when the journey is a little different than you expected: Smile.
Can you believe January is over already? It seems like just yesterday that I stood with my youth group, lighting fireworks and cheering as the clock struck mid-night. I love capturing memories. Scrapbooking stories and sharing them with whoever will sit still long enough. Blogging is a new challenge for me, a new experience, a new way to share my life stories.
I wanted to take time today to share some of my favorite January Memories. I love writing lists and organizing and planning so today, I present to you…
January’s Fabulous Five Memories
1. Austin and I both committed to going to LCU for college. We are so excited and can’t wait to register for classes and meet our roommates. Our youth intern, and friend, Michael Reyes brought us a box of LCU stuff at the beginning of last summer. Austin and I are pictured below rockin’ our matching LCU shirts!
2. We got to celebrate Austin’s 18th Birthday on January 28th. His parents took us out to dinner. This was taken after dinner.
The next day we celebrated with his family. Austin’s nephew wanted to help blow out the candles.
3. Haley made the cheer squad for her school. Her team got to compete against the other teams in the district. Here is a photo of her competition.
I also was very excited to take their team photos. If you want to see Haley’s pictures click here.
4. I have been participating in more scrapbooking contests and activities this year. I am learning more about specific techniques that have really improved my Layouts. I entered this photo in a contest a few days ago.
5. At the beginning of January I got to pick up my senior photo order. I loved the variety of poses and outfits that I was able to choose. This whole modeling and senior photo experience makes me realize just how close graduation is! For more information about Pg Photography and the photo sessions they offer click here.
Thanks so much for joining me! I have had an awesome first month of 2012. Starting tomorrow I will have some fun scrapbooking tutorials and activities, so please come back and join me!